Monday, July 18, 2011

My second day in capital reef

Well, first we went apricot picking. The area is huge to pick apricots so I bet you'll get some. And its only a dollar a pound! The trees are covered with green yellow red and orange balls. They are very old. The people who planted these trees were the Mormon settlers. the place the orchard is between the red enormous canyon walls. I picked about twelve apricots. I used a thing like some kind of like lacrosse sticks, except longer, to reach the apricots and scoop them up. My sister was also picking them. But she was using a ladder. It was fun picking them because they were right in our campground.




Then we went on a hike. The hike was scary because it was a wash and it was rainy season. In the rainy season, which is right now, it rains so much that you can get swept away. I'm glad we made it out OK.




Then we went to see the India petroglyphs. These are drawings by the Indians on the canyon walls. They looked very funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment